It is a fact that you already know that true cinnamon has a long history and is a luxury item. The true cinnamon gradually declined from high luxury over time but is still sold globally at a slightly higher price today. In the past, however, cassia cinnamon was the most widely sold in the world market today.
Our previous articles discuss the history of true cinnamon, its cultivation, and related significant products. In today’s article, we will show you the differences between Cassia Cinnamon and Real Cinnamon.
The difference between real cinnamon and cassia cinnamon
- True cinnamon has been used for a long time before the Egyptian civilization.
- Endemic to Sri Lanka.
- Cinnamon sticks stuffed inside are available in the market.
- Not so common in the market.
- Quite expensive.
- It has a mild sweetness.
- The percentage of cinnamaldehyde is high.
- The percentage of coumarin is deficient.
- Golden brown color.
- Easily broken.
- Cinnamon sticks are made by combining layers of thin bark.
- Real cinnamon is mostly using in European countries.
- Daily consumption is healthy.
- Approximately 1500 AD have found cassia cinnamon.
- Cultivated in Indonesia, Vietnam, and China.
- Available in the market as bare cinnamon bark on the inside.
- Widely available in the market.
- Available at low prices.
- No sweetener. High pungent.
- The percentage of cinnamaldehyde is relatively low.
- The percentage of coumarin is relatively high.
- Dark brown color.
- Difficult to broken.
- The bark is thick.
- Cassia cinnamon is mostly using in Asia and America.
- Daily consumption can cause health problems.
If you want to buy home-made real cinnamon at the farmer’s price, please contact us.
Would you like to buy other spices such as cloves, pepper, and nutmeg? Contact us. We can provide express shipping and an exceptional price for you.